Project Manager - Infrastructure and Engineering
Tell me about the opportunity
Looking to make a difference and work with an established organisation that helps millions of people gain affordable access to disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental and vision benefits through the workplace — benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures?
Looking to work in an organisation that has an established and vibrant employment culture that attracts great talent like you and values every voice? An organisation with a culture dedicated to building and nurturing a dynamic and welcoming workplace — one that embraces differences, fosters collaboration, and encourages employees to bring their best ideas to work every day?
If YES – then read on ….
Our partner is looking to recruit an experienced IT Project Manager to join their IT Infrastructure, Architecture and Engineering team; where you will join other like-minded individuals; who together help facilitate over 39 million people secure workplace benefits. As a key member of the project delivery organisation you will be responsible for establishing clear and achievable objectives, planning, guiding and directing people to reach those objectives, balance competing demands for quality, scope, time, and cost, and adapt to different concerns and expectations of your stakeholders.
Call me directly 9999
What is required from me
You should have a batchelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, with 4 years plus relevant experience in IT project management and ideally a professional qualification in project management; such as Prince2/PMP certification.
You will have in-depth knowledge and understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies with experience of taking multiple projects from initiation through the SLDC to deployment and adoption.
You will have responsibility for ensuring that project documentation is complete, current and archived appropriately. You will be comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment. Bringing a flexible and agile mindset while operating to defined project delivery standards and constraints. Ideally you will have prior experience of the Clarity PPM solution and ideally also Rally Software; ServiceNow desirable
It goes without saying that you will have advanced communication and presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to both your peers and senior management. You will take a leadership role in project planning and driving projects through to implementation.
The small print ...
We’re not big on checklists and lists of requirements but it is handy way of matching your potential to the position, so here goes ..
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 4 years plus experience in IT project management
- Prince2/PMP certification
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Responsible for ensuring that project documentation is complete, current and archived appropriately
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
- Working experience with Clarity PPM and Rally Software; ServiceNow desirable
- Advanced Communication and Presentation Skills are key to this role also
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis
- Identify, manage and support resolution of risks and issues
- Coordinate and drive progression of daily/weekly meetings to completion
- Manage stakeholder relationships assigned to projects
- Prioritize work stream activities
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Manage project budgets
- Demonstrated track record of working with high level Business and IT executives in translating IT strategies into business value
- Apply formalised project management methodologies i.e. Agile
Our Kind of People
At Clarion we are all in on diversity in all it’s manifestations – we believe that PEOPLE matter and we bring that ethos and mindset to every element of our business. We are prepared to look beyond the obvious to the person, to the potential. At Clarion we look to work with individuals who like to approach problems with a solution mindset, the glass half-full mindset that approaches every problem as an opportunity.
We’re not naïve! Sure experience has thought us that some problems can’t be solved; that some issues can’t be fixed or risks mitigated – but we are experienced enough to know that there is no use worrying and trying to fix items beyond our control.
It’s this mixture of the problem, the possible and the probable that makes working with Clarion exciting.
Our belief in putting people first is directly connected to our ability to work successfully in partnership with our clients across organisations and teams of all sizes. Where others see people as the problem we see people as the answer.
If you think you can fill one of our role; then we want you to make contact. We promise to treat you with respect and the same level of professionalism that we would expect ourselves (with is very high). Let’s not start the conversation with your CV; instead make contact and let’s have a conversation.